We play a GLOG-a-like game at my table, but with “innovations” from 0e and B/x.
- Armor class is 9 for unarmored, 2 for plate + shield. It’s just easier. Think
of it this way: the best armor is “first class”. To hit: 20 - Your HD -
- Fighters get a HD per level; everyone else gets one every odd level. Maximum
HD is 11; you get a +1 to your HP instead of a HD from then on.
- No clerics. Healing done by a “white mage” class, to be built later.
- Milestone levelling up.
- Classes are GLOG-like, with GLOG magic.
- Races are GLOG-like.
- No variable weapon damage. HD are 1d6 unless otherwise stated. Heroes always
have at least 6 hp.
- At chargen, you can choose an “adventurer pack” or “martial pack”; you get
more general adventuring equipment, or better armor and weaponry.
- Usage dice!
- The usual dual wielding method - roll damage twice, take the better roll.
I use Skerples’ and Arnold K’s GLOG rules, Delving Deeper + LBBs, B/X + B/X
I advise my players to just say what they want to do and I’ll adjudicate what